Friday, August 28, 2009

New Technologies











The two images at the top of the screen are my recent technological movements forward. One of my last post was an angry explosion on my brand new LG Shine phone that broke out of nowhere and no refund was given to me. Since then, I patiently used my three year old LG CU30 I think is its name, while waiting to be able to purchase a new phone. Finally the day has come and I was able to purchase a new one. Given all the cool phones like LG Shine and other multiple media phones are anywhere from $200-$500 I decided if I'm getting screwed, I'm getting screwed right! So I bought a blackberry-tons of technological opinions have been thrown my way, but I love it. It does a great job. The netbook is going to help me with school, given will and I have been sharing a computer, I felt once the school year hits the two of us don't need to be trading off on computer time because we'll both need to be glued to them. We all know will has dominance over the computer, I mean, if push came to shove he could easily cast a spell on it and I wouldn't be able to use the thing anyway. So I've caught scrutiny and opinions over my little dell, but here's what i have to say: I ISSUE A CHALLENGE, MY DELL WILL LAST LONGER THAN ANYONE ELSE'S COMPUTER! IT WILL NOT BREAK AFTER A YEAR, NOT HAVE FAILURE, AND WILL ALWAYS RUN FASTER THAN ANYTHING!!! The reason I say this is because computers are like cars in certain aspects: you drive the things to death like a mom dropping off 4 million kids and making 18 stops a day and what happens? The things tear up. But look at older people, the retired kind that buy a car and keep the thing for 20 years: hmmm, it's because they're not driving the things to death, they're simple with them. For me, I'm like that with a computer: I use word, email, and web walking- mainly gmail, usc student sites, facebook, and online bill paying. That's it--no downloading a million things, no games, none of that hitting F2 stuff or going into control panel for who knows what, nope not my bag. I'm simple with my computer, and my simplicity will make this thing last forever...well, I hope anyway. Ok computer savy humans: go ahead-rip me a new one!

5 comments:

mary had a... said...

I had a Shine for about a whole DAY and have had my blackberry for about a year and it was already a couple of years old (it was used when I received it) and I much preferred it over the LG. And, I've had a few great dells, and they are good machine and never give me problems. You will most definitely have it way longer than a year, both the blackberry and the dell.

kim e said...

YEY for you Jacob. I can't wait to see your netbook. I think I will ask Santa to bring me one since you and I use the same things on a computer it should suit me well and I love Dell stuff.

Jean said...

Love the new phone and the computer...Emily wants to get one of those so I want her to see it! Too cool! I am like you...I don't know much about computers and I hope this one will last you for a very long time...good for you!!!

Libbi said...

love my blackberry (my kids call it my CRACKBERRY cause I'm addicted to it) and I agree with your idea about computers...that's all I use mine for...it is a dell and is still working after about one year....Peter has all kinds and they all tear up pretty quickly!!

Jared A. Edwards said...

Will should write a book called "Endless Cords and Computah Spells." What is F2? That was hilarious.