Thursday, September 10, 2009

sick-o

I'd like to thank all of you for your phone calls and prayers on behalf of my deemed sickness that has beat at me since Labor Day evening. I woke up tuesday morning feeling not so great, nearly passed out in my first class, again had a close call overriding loss of conciousness driving home from work (yes, I was in a car and had to pull over so as not to become lethal), and was needle stuck by a very non-believing nurse and nearly fainted again. I have never felt the sensation of three body shut downs in one day. It was interesting. I was diagnosed with the "usc virus" that has been a late menace to the s. carolina campus. I tossed $71 to verify I didn't have swine flu and went home to lie in frustrated weakness. I took the day off from life yesterday and recovered for the most part. This morning I returned to class and work and have improved almost completely. I'm not the biggest fan of medicine and feel like a drug addict with a loopy kind of head with all the drug I've imported yesterday and today, but when you never take medicine I guess it works a little harder on you than others. The owner of the company's wife called me today to check on me (she's an RN, really sweet lady) and the VP (her sister) also called today and asked how David was doing as well. I found it thoughtful. Anyway, I'm back at it, just taking it lightly right now. I hope all of you keep out of reach of any sicknesses. During my triple delight fainting stage on Tuesday I felt somewhat like Lincoln did when he said, "If there's any place worse than Hell, I'm in it." Well, slightly different circumstances, but I haven't felt so horrible since my attack of sickness in the DR. That's all I've got, go research why turtles live so long.

4 comments:

kim e said...

I am glad you are better and thankful for the ladies at work who were so kind. ALways thankful for prayer and Priesthood blessings.

mary had a... said...

Hi ho neighbor! Let me know if you need anything, ok?!

Jean said...

I am so glad you are better Jacob!! I just went to the doctor with Mikey today and found out he has an ear infection...so glad there weren't a whole lot of people there but Mikey still wore a mask anyway...tons of flu going around up here..Dr. Covington told me he had 15 cases in his office this week...eek! Time to go into isolation with the kids...oh well, it is that time of year!! Glad you don't have the flu!!!

Libbi said...

and you could have had someone call me and I would have nursed you. SO SO glad you are better. Y'all come when you can!