Friday, July 25, 2008

Nicknames

Ever wonder why nicknames are so awesome? i was pondering over such a subject a minute ago, and started drawing sociological theories on my reasons, here's a list...

10. nicknames give a personable connection to relationships.

9. often they're used to describe the person

8. perfect for people who don't like their real name

7. if you're one of those people with a random name that your parents just made up and even they don't know how to spell it and hardly anyone including you can pronounce it. nickname.

6. you can easily get away with calling you sister names like bathtub, goose, or maybe even stinky breath.

5. it gives you opportunities to introduce yourself different ways, b/c let's face it the same on phrase after the millionth time might get old.

4. it's perfect for families who decide to name father and son the same name.

3. it confuses nieces and nephews until they catch on and start answering to them.

2. all important people have more than one name for example: God, Prophet, Dad, Mom, the President. I wonder which one the Lord considers to be His nickname?

1. it gives you a chance to be creative, and give something to someone else and it won't cost you a dime!

Do you have a nickname?

5 comments:

kim e said...

Yes, you have given me a few along the way.
Lets see: Flam and Mombo come to mind.

Jean said...

You are the lover of nicknames...I have had a few in my lifetime...not any good ones though..we all love the one ya'll gave to Michael...Big Tike Mike has surely described him over the years. If you think of a good one for me, let me know...it better be good..hahahha!

Anonymous said...

I have too many nick names. Lately its been stinky (Emily) I need a new one Jacob HELP!!!!!!!!!

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

I do have a nickname. Kudo's to mom for actually listing hers and playing along. I can't list mine, but honestly, I don't remember them all you and Jared gave me so many! I know goose was by far the longest lived, although Egg lasted a while too. (The shirt I'm wearing right now says Goose on the back - and it has holes all over it it's so old.) Did you read the other comment? The bug man told Seth he could call him by some nickname (his name is Eddie, so it was something in front of that). He asked Seth what Seth wanted the bug man to call him. "Call me Spoo" (oh, and Seth started making up words (one sounded not far off from pooticahtos) the other night at dinner - you have a great deal of influence over him! Teach him something useful! haha

Libbi said...

well some I can't print..but Libbi the Lip and Mouth of the South were my names from DT. And Libbo and Liberena from high school friends and Liz from Coker college days when I tried in vain to be ELIZABETH. I think it's funny that LaNelle calls Sarah Beth "Goosie" or "Goose egg" but it makes me mad when the boys call her TUBS or Tubby. and the LaNelle was TEXAS...