Friday, July 25, 2008

BOOtah!

Reasons i can't stand utah...

it's one of those words that has two different pronunciations, and either way you say it comes out sounding weird.

it's thieves quality people from your home and keeps 'em for way too long

the teams they play against couldn't compete with mcbee high school sports and yet they still bark about how they outta be in awesome bowl games and such b/c they beat a bunch of smurfs.

it stole liz and aaron.

even when i do decide to pay a visit to the place to see the only thing its got going for it (prophet, apostles, quality church places/things, and the people it hoards away from me) the cost to get out there is about as unfair as my tuition....way too high.

so the next time you about that place out there named 'utah' quickly remind yourself to call it BOOtah, and maybe it will stop all this commotion!


me and liz before you had to leave for BOOtah



me and aaron before he left, along with allison visiting paradise before returning to the other side.

4 comments:

kim e said...

I will remember to call it Bootah. Sorry they keep taking all your friends away.

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

A ha ha - that is funny - I'll remember that too.

LaNelle said...

ok I had to comment on this because it made me laugh so hard! You got it exactly right when it comes to the sports teams, if I have to hear one more person (including my husband) talk about how BYU football could beat Clemson or any other team west of the Mississippi for that matter I am going to scream! We call people from Utah Utards because they are retarded for ever being from there!

Libbi said...

Well, I love Steven and he came from Utah and there are many good things about UTAH...but it is seriously SICK how many plastic surgery billboards there are everywhere there because it reminds me that a vast majority of people there are FAKE!!! but then again, some of the most humble people on earth live there and two men that I absolutely love and adore for the service they gave to Mississippi and me in particular!!!! and they are fabulous! You should visit Rexburg...the Spirit there is unbelievable and you cannot help but love it there